Saturday, December 17, 2011

You Don't Like Poetry

Did you find yourself out there?
Did you find out all you can be
When you left me?
Did you miss your home
Do you even know what home is
Because this house is cold without you
This life is dull without you
Did you find a new girl who can be so much more?
A girl who's not a cold unloving bitch like me?
Did she break you?
I know she hurt you
I told you I'd be the one to refrain from tearing your heart out
I keep trying to move on but I'm still sitting here
Drawing your beautiful face with soft clean slow strokes
I've been working on a portrait a bit less lifelike
This one has love in his eyes 
I've been painting since you left
Anything to get my heart closer to your mind
You don't like poetry
So I drew the words
But they came out as red and black splotches on a page
I tore threw the paper because color couldn't hold my anger
Tell me
Who did you find out there when you were running from me?
Did you become everything you said you'd be?
Did you miss me and does it hurt you like it's hurts me to see you smile each day?
You're right next to me but so far away
Don't we all deserve a second chance to prove there's so much more?
Why did you become so cold and heartless?
Come back home
I'm out of sweaters and the heaters broken 
I need you back
Sofind yourself and leave her behind
I'll be nicer I swear
I cant keep drawing
Save me from myself 

No comments:

Post a Comment