Saturday, December 17, 2011

One Last Shot

I'm so tired of laying awake
I'm exhausted but I can't stop my mind from running
One second I want the world
I want to win and own it all
The next I'm hopeless and realizing
I'm just a silly child
Dreaming too big
Reaching for the stars won't get me anywhere
Even if I had a ladder tall enough to take me up
How the hell would I catch a breath
Succeed and die trying
Or succumb to being rational
Safe and rational
These shots in the dark are kicking me in the ass
The worlds become a big bitch
Who just can't shut her damn mouth
I keep hoping one of my bullets will hit her
I'm hoping I'll make it so all these bastards will regret the venom they spit at me
They'll beg at my feet and lick my wounds clean 
But I'll do exactly what they said I'd do
I'll push them away and treat them the way they hurt me
I'm not a bigger person
In fact, I'm quite small
Above no one
So beat me
Cover me in bruises cuts and tears
Discolor my world 
Just don't expect any sympathy when I'm on top of you
I'll pity your soul as I give you a piece of my sole
I'm so tired of not sleeping
I'm losing my mind 
But that's perfectly acceptable
Because it gives me the will to be irrational
It gives me the energy to find the tallest ladder in the whole world
I'm getting my star
Even if it kills me

No comments:

Post a Comment