Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So Many Damn Moments

There's this moment when you realize it's not him who's hurting you
It's everyone who gave you false hope
It's the fact that you couldn't prove the nonblievers wrong
And now they won't let it go
So you're a bit stuck because everyone keeps asking
"Do you still love him?"
And you get tongue tied because because well
You don't have a damn clue if you really ever did
And there's that l word again haunting you
And and and well you can't let go because you want to love him and him to love you
But that would be to easy
And maybe maybe I'm so pressed for having us pressed together because I'm a poet
And everyone knows artists love to brood
There's beauty in pain
And my writing has never been so real as it was with him
My words filled with such adoration and pain that it created something my mind couldn't even comprehend
Because people don't L word me
They don't care typically
And he did.
He did.
He still cares. I see it
But whatever
Ya know?
Whatever because I'm just a child
A broken adults soul in a childs body
And my art has never been so magnificent as it was with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment