Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Old Place

When the world is falling
When gravity is lost
And suddenly the universe is empty
When the stars burn out
When the streets are barren
And suddenly your world is ending 
I will be sitting Here
Waiting for you
When you find yourself counting raindrops on your window 
And wondering how manyare on mine
When you realize the laughter just isn't as melodical
And the music isn't as tantalizing without my voice
When you find yourself wondering if the world is turning
And hoping I'm not getting motion sick
I will be sitting here
Waiting for you
When the lights burn out
And you're out of candles
When your love for the unknown runs out 
And you realize you're alone 
Step in through my door
Sign in with my receptionist 
Take a seat in my waiting room
You'll be too oblivious to know
The walls are empty
The windows gone 
Shell call you back 
You'll sit down in the place where we first kissed
And you'll realize
I wont be sitting there waiting
I left my room so long ago
No longer staring out the window 
Nor listening for an opened door 
No more waiting for you to come home
I'm not the girl you think you know 
So please
Take a seat in the room where we fell in love
Listen for my footsteps in the hall
Pray That I will rush into the room and sweep you off your feet
Look around 
I have not been here in years
Welcome to my empty heart
Maybe I'll be back soon

No comments:

Post a Comment