Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Truth and in Practice

My hands are black and blue from all the reminders I have written
Upon my wrist I keep on saying "hold your head up high"
On my hands, simple things, I once remember but now, can not be bothered to
Sometimes I write things that are really meant for you
Simple things I wish you'd see and silently agree
Please don't forget me, let me be the one, never let go
Did you ever wonder how it feels to die?
Is it nothing?
Blissful peace and eternal slumber but,
I can not stand to sleep alone
At the same time, I can not bear to let anyone near me
You,yet you, were different
I can't forget you, you, you, you...YOU!
Did you know you made me want to live? And breathe?
And dance and sing and just live. Live. 
You make the hurt, pain, booboos, fleshwounds, pain, pain
Bearable
I was never embarrassed or afraid to cry
But you, yes you, have rendered me lonely 
As I lay awake each night, wishing I could just cry
Or maybe have someone to go to
I realize I have no one
I can't let go of my broken ship, no one, there is no one
Because I don't have you

No comments:

Post a Comment