Thursday, August 6, 2015

Inspiration

I found inspiration in the pale white scar on his chest where he tried to set his demons free
I found inspiration in the pain he felt despite never being hurt
I found inspiration in his fear to love me
I found inspiration in the way he seems to be running from something he can’t say
I found inspiration in his happiness at my complicated replies, in the way he seemed excited to learn why I am in pain, and his quick correction to say he does not understand, making him the first to admit
You do not understand
I find inspiration in the way he disappeared and in the way he lied when I knew the truth
I find inspiration in his façade; in his stoner talk; in his cool guy talk; in his fascination with money; in his attempts at Buddhism; the books he reads; in being so much all at once
I find inspiration because he should love me and maybe, I too should love him; but we cannot
In the way he believes only two things are proven; gravity and love
 But he seems so terrified of both
I find inspiration in the sadness he brought me
Sadness not from silence but rather the introspection he brought back into my life
I find inspiration because he reminded me of who I am
I find inspiration in the way he looked at me and yearned for me, but would not admit it
I find inspiration because in one night, he wiped away every ounce of confusion
I think of his words
I think of his mind
I think of our parallels and realize

We are so close we will never speak again

No comments:

Post a Comment