Monday, July 11, 2011

Dancing Away

I spent 6 hours on the brink of insanity
I spent 24 hours without any caffeine
I spent a week without my usual dosage of caffeine
I couldn't remember the last time I slept through the night
The last time I didn't have a night terror
The last time I woke up feeling less tired than when I passed out
A natural remedy mothers use for troublesome
Nonsleeping kids is warm milk
I'm lactose intolerant. 
I walked the streets of new York
Wondering why the hell everything smelled of piss
When construction ever stopped
I stumbled in a sleepless stupor
If I live in a city 
I could finally feed my natural nocturnal
I could forget the insomnia and risk being stabbed everytime I stepped from my door
How could people wish forthat?
I always wanted to perform
Dance
Sing
Act
I could dance to my death
In front of a train at rush hour when the crowd would be fiesty 
I would lick up their anticipation as if it were as simple as licking up the sweat pouring down their faces
I would touch every hand of every pursuitor
And wish them luck
I would smoke my last cigarette with all eyes on me
It would be like liquorish sweet yet the most disgusting thing
I would feel the tar build up in my lungs and welcome the bloody coughs that are an obvious sign of working too damn hard
I would slip on my ballet shoes
And fly free 
Ladies and gentlemen for my last trick of the evening
I will do a simple sashee step leap
Maybe I'll be the only one who hears the train
The only one who knows this girl is going out with a bang
A bang of her skull pushed on steel railroad tracks 
Who could ever want this
If I lived in a big city
If these streets weren't made of red hot embers
Blistering my feet
If my shoes were made of real leather 
And I could afford to breath
If I weren't afraid to take a different stranger by the hand every night and lead them into a stunning tango
And that man with no home would stop screaming and watch
And those guys spraypainting would stop and watch
And everyone yelling and fighting would stop and watch
If I weren't afraid to chase a dream
I spent 6 hours on the brink of insanity
I guess well never know where my marbles did fall

No comments:

Post a Comment