Thursday, February 9, 2012

Growing Smaller

Lover stand and lie to me
Hide and walk past me incognito
Dare not show your face
I have been disturbed
You're a sad clown who couldn't crack a smile
Your exterior tasted so sweet
But your heart was burnt toast that no one could enjoy
your hands bulldozers breaking everything they can grab
you've become a destructive force on us
An eternity just seems redundant
As if we'd do this each day
Resent and wish we weren't near one another
I'm growing smaller without a story to tell
You've become an addiction
wiping my mind clean
Like a clean spoken man seeing a voluptuous woman
Strut past him filled with pride
I've got a sticky hot tongue with nothing left to say
You ignore my cries late in the night when I dream you hate me
When I wake to find it so I throw myself into a chair
Laying seems ridiculous when the world is crashing
All I can smell is the salt in my tears
Not your sweaty skin, for you did not follow
How could it get worse
When you forgot to brew the coffee in the morning
You stole my expectations
And turned them to comedy
I want to be elsewhere
Lover, why did you stop making me pancakes every Saturday?
Our castle has become a trailer with a pink flamingo on the front lawn
I can't stop my bodies shake
I've just grown to cold to continue on with you
These silent disputes have become just too loud
This lust is hypnotic
Leaving you behind seems ethereal
Not this way
I can not live
Take your pants and exit my haven
Leave me with my disorder of missing you
These nights I'm counting are copious
I haven't eaten in days
These feelings are bizarre
For it's Saturday, i smell breakfast, and you are no where to be found

No comments:

Post a Comment